The process in obtaining a visa may differ slightly depending on your situation. However, all applicants will be required to pay the relevant fee of (25500 YR) twenty-five thousand and five hundred Yemeni Riyals per person*. Students must also send a colour scan of the photo page of their passport for obtaining visas.
- Arrival at Yemen for the Dowra to be possible via three ports of entry:
1. Straight flight into Seiyun from Amman, Jordan. (Bear in mind that there is only one flight a week from Amman to Seiyun on Thursday). Flight ticket costs around $ 620 US.
2. Yemen-Oman border port of entry.
3. Saudi-Yemeni border port of entry (Alwadee’ah).
- Dar al-Mustafa will process visas for Dowra students; a copy of visas will be sent to students and original visas will be handed over in advance to the Yemeni authorities at airport or the border.
- Visa fee for arrivals by air, via Saudi-Yemeni border port or via Oman-Yemen port to Yemen to be paid in advance (25500 YR) twenty-five thousand and five hundred Yemeni Riyals. Visa fee to be transferred via Via Western Union, or to be paid in cash by a relative or friend in Yemen.
- Visa fee for arrivalsvia Oman-Yemen port to Yemen will need to be bought at the border with Oman at a cost of approximately $100. Students will also have to pay for a visa to Oman upon entry at a cost of approximately $40 to 50 US.
*Note that as soon as your visa expires you will be charged a fee of 300 YR (£0.90/ $1.40) per day for every day you overstay your visa. Most nationalities are only given a one month visa.